Time: 10 minutes
Difficulty: Very Easy
When: Dessert | Anytime | Surprise
I love this dessert for three simple reasons: simple, impressive and tastes heavenly.
- Serve immediately or the ice cream will melt and the caramel will stick
- The proportions are not fixed. Add more sugar to make it sweet. Add more rum if you’re a boozy.
- Wash the dishes as soon as possible because the caramel will start to stick
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 2 TBS
- Chili finely sliced – (1-2)
- Brown Rum – nice sized glug
- Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Ice Cream – several scoops
Add the sugar to a hot pan over medium heat and caramelize. Slice bananas add to pan, and coat them in the caramel. Add butter and allow to melt. Add the finely sliced chili if you like it hot, and stir. Pour in the rum, and flambe (set it on fire – carefully). Add coconut milk and twirl.
Spoon bananas into serving dishes and top each serving with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.