Time: 10 Mins.
Difficulty: Very Easy
When: Big Dinner | Group | Night
This recipe is a simple refreshing drink for your long day or get together. I tried this recipe twice to perfect it and my suggestions tell all.
- Use 7 Up instead of ginger ale or club soda. The lemon and citrus flavours make this drink much better!
- Do not use brandy or rum most people will not like it. Stick to the wine my fellow Italian.
- I added pears but I would try apples
- Ensure to use a container that has a filter for the spout to catch the pulp from the oranges and lemon
- Put two or more wedges of fruit in each glass
- Ensure to chill over night
- 1 Bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja reds, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Orange cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Shot brandy
- 2 Cups 7 Up
ginger ale or club soda
Pour wine in the pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon and orange into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible) and add sugar and brandy. Chill overnight. Add ginger ale or club soda just before serving.
If you’d like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice.
Addition ideas: sliced strawberries, peaches, handful of fresh blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, a shot or two of gin, brandy or rum, a cup of ginger ale, citrus soda pop or lime juice.
Recipe from Deaf Chef at Large