Time: 1 Hour
When: Appetizer | Snack | Lunch
I based this recipe off of Gordon Ramsay’s recipe. Since I didn’t have all the ingredients I made some substitutions. It turned out great!
- Make more spicy mayonnaise sauce
- Add more spring onions and basil
- 1 Boiled Potato
- 2 cans (15 oz) good-quality canned tuna
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce or as needed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 basil leaves
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1/4 tablespoon of sriracha sauce
First make the dipping sauce. Mix together all the sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust the flavours as necessary. Set aside. 1/4 tablespoon of sriracha per 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise or adjust to your liking.
Drain the tuna and place in a bowl; use a fork to separate the chunks. Add the spring onions, boiled potato, sriracha sauce, and basil and season with salt and pepper. Add the beaten eggs. Mix well.
Squeezing the mixture to tightly compress it and get rid of any excess liquid, shape it into balls the size of golf balls. Flatten them lightly into patties. THIS IS CRITICAL!
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add a little oil and shallow-fry the fishcakes on each side for 1–2 minutes until golden on all sides and heated through. Serve with the dipping sauce either on the side or on top.