Time: 30 Minutes
When: Appetizer | Snack | Lunch
- Serve warm for best taste
- Marinate the water chestnuts over night (but not necessary)
- Try adding chillies to the sauce to add spice to it
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
Wrap one slice of bacon around each chestnut. Secure the bacon with a toothpick. Arrange the water chestnut wraps in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Pour or spread the sauce over the wraps.
Bake the water chestnut wraps for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy.
Recipe by allrecipes.com