Time: 1 Hour
When: Dessert | Snack | Breakfast
The muffins stuck a little but aside from that minor set back they tasted great.
- Follow the recipe. Measure the ingredients or the muffins may not rise
- Serve warm for best taste
- 300g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 125g light muscovado sugar
- 250ml whole milk
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 small ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 100g crunchy granola
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4 and line a couple of muffin trays with Paper Cases (affiliate link).
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar. Whisk the milk, eggs and butter together in a large jug, then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the pears and half the granola.
3. Divide the batter between the muffin cases, and sprinkle the top of each one with the remaining granola.
4. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from Christmas with Gordon Ramsay