My Zia (aunt) baked this amazing cake for easter and I really wanted to share the recipe!
- your favorite cake
- your favorite icing
- 22 (.49 oz. size) Kit Kat bars (I bought 3 packs of 8 of the snack size)
- sweetened coconut flakes (I used about 1/3 to 1/2 of a 14 oz. bag)
- green food coloring
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
1. Bake your favorite cake recipe for a two-layer, 8″ or 9″ cake. (For this cake, I used Duncan Hines yellow cake mix.) Make sure to even out your layers so there’s some room left at the top for your coconut.
2. Frost with your favorite icing. (For this cake, I used Duncan Hines chocolate icing.)
3. Press the Kit Kat bars around the cake gently.
4. Place the coconut in a zippered plastic bag. Add drops of green coloring (I used 4) and close the bag. Shake until the color blends evenly. Add more coloring if necessary.
5. Sprinkle the coconut over the top of the cake. Add the mini eggs.
6. Tie a ribbon around the Kit Kat bars.
Inspired by sohowsittaste.com